Kinwashi Stationery Paper - 10 (Ten) 8.5" x 11" sheets
I paint all of my original batiks, including the cards, onto Ginwashi rice paper. However, I love this KINWASHI stationery to print out copies of my cards. This is how it works:
Paint the original on the Ginwashi. Then:
- Photograph it with a digital camera and download into the computer. This gives you the best color! OR
- you can scan your original into the computer. Depending on your scanner, this may not give you the best color.
- Do a 'practice' print onto copy paper so you can check the color before printing onto the Kinwashi. Adjust if necessary.
Then print it out on the Kinwashi stationery using your photo program, or windows and your inkjet printer. You can get four 4 1/2 x 5" cards on one sheet. This paper is great because it has wonderful fibers. Your prints will look amazingly like an original batik. A very easy, fast way to send cards to friends for Christmas or whenever.
You can also do small prints of your large originals! Why not! They are technically giclees and sell very well.
To mount your prints:
- If doing cards, cut them apart.
- Because the paper is semi-transparent, place them on a white or light background. If you're doing cards, just use a piece of typing paper.
If the print is going to be sold, use an acid free paper to back them such as 90 lb. watercolor paper, for example.
- Then just mount onto card stock (can glue or tape).....or matt and frame.
8 1/2" X 11" sheets suitable for inkjet printers package of 10 sheets per order.
8 1/2" X 11" sheets
Package of 10 sheets per order.